Exercises for weight loss of the abdomen and sides. Quick effect
Exercises for slimming the abdomen and sides. Quick effect! To achieve a quick effect, many go on strict diets and spend grueling workouts in the gym. But such measures do not always help.
The only way to achieve a perfectly proportioned figure is a combination of sensible nutrition and special classes. Follow simple tips and tricks. These are the best exercises for weight loss.
- 🥭 Side bends with dumbbells. When performed regularly, they contribute to the accelerated growth of the oblique muscles of the press, which can make the waist even wider. This exercise is necessary for men who want to comprehensively pump the abdominal muscles. But it is absolutely useless for girls working on a narrow waist.
- 🥭 Hoop twist. The effectiveness of this device is doubtful, and its harm has medical evidence. Gynecologists strongly recommend giving up hula hoop training. Constant blows of the hoop on the front wall of the abdomen are not physiological. According to doctors, such blows can provoke prolapse of internal organs and other troubles.
- 🥭Performing turns with weight on the shoulders. What do you think happens to your spine if you take body art or a barbell bar on your shoulders and start twisting your body left and right? The intervertebral discs are compressed under the action of weights, and the distance between the vertebrae becomes smaller. When you turn the case to the right and left, the vertebrae can injure the intervertebral discs and touch each other. When doing exercises to lose weight on the abdomen and sides, remember your spine - you have one and for life.
- 🥭 Emphasis on strength exercises in the complete absence of cardio. The sides and extra centimeters at the waist are a fat layer. You can remove it only with the help of cardio training.
- 🥭 Excessive passion for cardio and lack of strength exercises. With aerobic exercise, fat burning does not occur locally, but throughout the body. As a result, the effect of training is too “smeared”, and sometimes it is not noticeable at all in certain areas. Exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides are a must if you want to find a beautiful silhouette.
How to train for the best result? Experts recommend giving classes 3-4 days a week. After a short warm-up, it is necessary to perform a series of special exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides. After a short rest, you should do a short but intense cardio workout.
You don’t have to go to the gym at all. You can choose between running, jumping rope, dancing and aerobics. It is this approach that will make the muscle fibers of the waist more elastic and thereby give it a clearer outline.
Before you start to lose weight on the abdomen and sides, you need to properly warm up the abdominal muscles and prepare them for the load. I will not dwell on the warm-up in detail, focusing directly on the exercises for the oblique abdominal muscles themselves. I can only say that the warm-up should include a small cardio part, several exercises to stretch the oblique muscles and prepare the spine.
Exercises for slimming the abdomen and sides. Fast effect. Warm up
Five to ten minutes of cardio: running, jumping, dancing, step platform exercises or aerobics.
Preparing muscles for exercise:
- 🥭 Tilts to the sides with outstretched arms - the lateral surface of the body stretches, the spine warms up. Try to bend as low as possible, but smoothly, without jerking.
- 🥭 Turns of the body to the right and left - keep the pelvis level and turn only the upper body.
- 🥭Circular movements of the pelvis and body.
Exercises for the sides and waist
The most effective exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides are various variations of twists.
1. Bending the body in the prone position + twisting in the opposite direction
Starting position. Lie on the mat, hands behind your head, elbows pointing to the sides, do not interlock your fingers. The legs are bent, the feet are on the floor, the lower back is pressed. Between the chin and chest, the distance is about the size of a fist - it is maintained throughout the entire exercise.
Performing an exercise. Without lifting your lower back from the floor and without bringing your elbows together, lift your body up. Add twisting of the body - reach with your right elbow to your left knee. Get down to the floor smoothly, do not fall on your back, watch your lower back. Repeat on the other side.
2. Bending the body in the prone position + twisting in the same direction
Starting position. The same as in the previous exercise. We lie on the rug, legs bent, hands behind the head.
Performing an exercise. Now add twisting of the body not to the opposite knee, but stretch your elbow to the heel of the same name. That is, stretch your right elbow to your right heel and vice versa.
3. Sitting twist
Starting position. Sit on the mat, legs bent, feet on the floor, body tilted back 45 degrees. At the same time, the lower back is rounded, and the coccyx is twisted forward, the abdominal muscles are tense, and the arms are bent at the elbows.
Performing an exercise. Rotate your body and elbows vigorously from side to side. This is an endurance exercise.
4. Lying crunches
Starting position. Lie on the floor, arms outstretched, palms facing the floor. Shoulders are pressed throughout the exercise, try not to tear them off the floor. Raise your legs vertically up and bend at the knees at an angle of 90 degrees. There should be a fist distance between the knees. You can pinch a small ball with your knees.
Performing an exercise. Lower your knees bent to the side to the floor, but do not touch the floor. At the same time, the pelvis comes off the floor, but the shoulders should be pressed. Return your legs to the starting position and lower them to the other side.
5. Side-lying crunches
Starting position. Lie on your side, bend your legs slightly at the knees and put one on top of the other. Place your lower hand on the floor or on your stomach. Take your top hand behind your head.
Performing an exercise. Lift and twist your body so that your upper body is in a position like you are doing a normal crane. Due to the fact that your pelvis lies on its side, when lifting the body, the oblique muscles will work.
6. Oblique Bridge
Starting position. Lie on your side, body straight, legs extended and one above the other. Place your lower hand on your elbow and lean on it. You will get, as it were, a deflection of the body in the lateral plane. Extend your upper arm and place it on top of your thigh.
Performing an exercise. Raise your pelvis off the floor until your torso is in a level position. The weight is distributed between the arm standing on the elbow and the edge of the foot. Take your head away from your shoulder - the neck should be in line with the body. This exercise is done on time. Stay in it for as long as you can.
Starting position. Take an emphasis lying on your elbows. The body is straight, hands are on the forearms, feet shoulder-width apart rest their fingers on the floor. Make sure that there is no deflection in the lower back. If you want more difficult - lift one leg or set your forearms further forward.
Performing an exercise. Stay in the starting position for as long as possible.
This movement is borrowed from Pilates. Slightly modified “Boat” helps to strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and back.
Starting position. Lie down on the floor. Place your hands behind your head without locking the lock.
Performing an exercise. At the same time, tear off the body and straight legs from the floor, trying to bend in half. Hold this position for as long as possible. Do not strain your neck and breathe evenly. After a short rest, repeat again.
9. Twisting on the fitball in the opposite direction
It is very cool to perform exercises for losing weight on the abdomen and sides on the fitball. The elastic ball relieves excess load from the lower back, additionally loads the stabilizing muscles and allows you to effectively work out even the smallest muscles with the help of twists.
Starting position. Lie down on the fitball with your lower back. Bend your right hand at the elbow and place it behind your head, and stretch your left hand straight in front of you.
Performing an exercise. Raise your body and stretch your left hand to your right knee. Repeat on the other side.
10. Asana “Staff” (dandasana)
Yoga helps tone the abdominal muscles. In addition to the abdomen, the Staff Asana strengthens the hip joints and inner thighs.
Starting position. Sit on the floor and try to relax. Stretch your straight legs in front of you. Point your fingers forward and place your palms on the floor just behind your hips.
Performing an exercise. Press lightly on your fingers and stretch upward, stretching your spine. Don’t lift your hips off the floor. Breathe calmly and stay in the pose for 8 breaths. Repeat 2 more times.
Post Workout Stretching
End with a stretching exercise.
Sit on the floor and cross your legs. Stretch your arms up, and then perform a series of springy tilts to the right and left. If you have a fitball, just lie on it with your lower back and stretch your arms and legs. Stretch in different directions, stretching all the muscles of the press and back.
Try to exercise regularly. Exercises for weight loss of the abdomen and sides will give you a good effect, even if you do at least a few exercises according to our program!